Thursday 26 May 2011

Corner Bookmark Tutorial!

Hi Simply Sassy Fans!

I'm so excited to share my corner bookmark tutorial with you today! :D I am going out of my comfort zone and have created a video tutorial! This is my first EVER so bear with me. haha I hope you don't mind being my guinea pigs! ;) I thought it would be fun and it actually was once I got over my stage fright! It is a bit long so I apologize in advance.

So here is what we're going to make in the video:

Super easy to create! Here is what you will need:

1 - 4" x 4" heavy cardstock 
2 - 1 7/8"x 3 7/8" pattern paper
1 - 2 3/4" 2 3/4" pattern paper
Embellishments as desired!

Here is the tutorial *sorry the quality is bad - I had to reduce it in order to get the video to load up to youtube* Any tips, suggestions, etc. are greatly welcomed for my first attempt at a video tutorial!



I really hope you enjoyed it! I was talking softly since my girls were asleep and my craft room is right outside their room! *giggle* I can't wait to do another one! Like I mentioned in my video, I'd LOVE to see your bookmarks. Please link them up in this post and I'll be sure to visit your blog! :D



Supplies:
Stamp - Missing You Simply Sassy Stamp
Paper - Echo Park For the Record Collection
Copics - W1, W3, W5, W7

9 comments:

  1. OMG This is fantastic. I am an avid reader so may need to make one all for meeself he he! Love your tut and nice and easy to follow even tho your girls were asleep - were they really or were they listening in to Mummy!! Loving the sentiment too! Happy Crafting :)X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carisa, this is an awesome project and video. Your explanations are great and so easy to understand - and it´s nice to hear your voice!

    Thanks for sharing this!
    Hugs,
    Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your tutorial sweetie!! I'm so going to try making one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How different is this!..such a great idea and what a beautiful bookmark it is.

    hugs
    Elly P
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial Carisa, they are easy to make and a must have for any book reader. Well done and looking forward to more, lol. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tutorial Carisa. Your bookmark is gorgeous and now I think I need to make one lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Tutorial Carisa, love those papers and your colouring of the image.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tutorial Carisa, you've totally nailed it! I used to love making these little bookmarks - but then I sort of ran out of steam a little.. I think you've given me the inspiration I needed to start making them again!!

    Since getting my Kindle I rarely have paperbooks, so these will be perfect to make as little gifts!

    xo Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely - it sort of feels like getting to know you a bit better too.
    I like your clear explanations too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete